Para District

On the left shore of the river Suriname in District Para there was until 1933 a colony for lepers called Bethesda. Five old pictures give us an idea about the community architecture.

Bethesda Directeurswoning.jpg Bethesda Zusterwacht.jpg Bethesda Kinderhuis Asch van Wijk.jpg Bethesda Vrouwenafdeling.jpg Bethesda Mannenafdeling.jpg

copyright © 2017 | add to favorites | disclaimer | Laatste update: 28/08/2014 21:01