In larger cities, modern homes and building materials such as concrete, wood, steel and glass are available to families who can afford to build or buy. Families in rural areas live in more traditional homes made from available materials. In the Andes, most homes are of stone.
What are houses commonly made of?
Making modern houses
Many houses are now made with steel frames put together with rivets and bolts. Walls and roofs can be made of boards that combine fibre with cement. These boards are thin, light in weight to transport, easy to put on the frame, and much cheaper than bricks or timber.
Are houses expensive in Peru?
Large apartments in upscale districts are upwards of $175,000. However, in the smaller urban centers and the countryside, prices are much more affordable. In Arequipa or Trujillo, houses are more likely to start around $200,000 or less.
What are two major cities in Peru?
Top 10 Cities of Peru
- Lima. Population: 9.9 million. Region: Lima and Constitutional Province of Callao. …
- Arequipa. Population: 869,400. Region: Arequipa. …
- Trujillo. Population: 799,600. …
- Chiclayo. Population: 600,400. …
- Piura. Population – 436,400. …
- Iquitos. Population – 437,400. …
- Cusco. Population – 427,200. …
- Chimbote. Population – 371,000.
What is the strongest building material?
Pound for pound, steel is the strongest construction material available (unless you count exotic materials like titanium). It is so much stronger than wood that the two cannot be fairly compared.
What hard things are used in making a house?
- 3.1 Fired bricks and clay blocks.
- 3.2 Cement composites.
- 3.3 Concrete.
- 3.4 Fabric.
- 3.5 Foam.
- 3.6 Glass.
- 3.7 Gypsum concrete.
- 3.8 Metal.