Arguably the most famous place in Bolivia, the Salar de Uyuni is truly a spectacular and beautiful sight. Hop on a tour and experience the salt flat for yourself, as well as the surrounding lagunas and deserts. El Salar de Uyuni: the world’s largest salt flat and Bolivia’s top tourist attraction.
What are two tourist attractions in Bolivia?
From luxury Copacabana resorts on the shore of Lake Titicaca to the unworldly expanse of the salt flats of Uyuni, the best tourist attractions in Bolivia offer a wealth of once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences.
What type of food do they eat in Bolivia?
The traditional staples of Bolivian cuisine are corn, potatoes, quinoa and beans. These ingredients have been combined with a number of staples brought by the Spanish, such as rice, wheat, and meat, including beef, pork, and chicken.
Who is the most important person in Bolivia?
Famous people from Bolivia
- Evo Morales. Politician. …
- Marcelo Martins Moreno. Soccer. …
- Andrés de Santa Cruz. Politician. …
- Jaime Moreno. Soccer. …
- Cornelio Saavedra. Politician. …
- Verona Pooth. Presenter. …
- Marco Etcheverry. Soccer Midfielder. …
- Víctor Paz Estenssoro. Politician.
What is a famous monument in Bolivia?
1. San Lorenzo Cathedral. The Minor Basilica of San Lorenzo is the full name of the San Lorenzo Cathedral. It is the cathedral located in the constitutional capital of Bolivia.
How safe is Bolivia?
OVERALL RISK : MEDIUM
Bolivia is somewhat safe to visit, though it has many dangers. You should be aware that tourist hotspots, restaurants, shops and public transportation are places where most thefts and pickpocketing occur, and that violent crime exists on the streets, too.
What are the main jobs in Bolivia?
Economy of Bolivia
|Labor force by occupation||agriculture: 29.4% industry: 22% services: 48.6% (2015 est.)|
|Unemployment||4% (2017 est.) note: data are for urban areas; widespread underemployment|
|Main industries||mining, smelting, petroleum, food and beverages, tobacco, handicrafts, clothing, jewelry|