Brazilians can live and work legally in Chile under the Mercosur (and Associated Countries) immigration agreement with no requirement other than being a citizen at birth or a naturalized citizen for over 5 years, and passing a background check.
Can foreigners work in Chile?
The most granted work visa in Chile is the “subject to contract” visa, which allows foreigners to come to live in Chile and work with an employment contract signed only with a Chilean company. … However, members of the worker’s family are not allowed to work in Chile.
How do I get a work visa for Chile?
Requirements to Obtain a Work Visa in Chile
- Copies of a passport that’s valid for at least six more months.
- Proof of legal status in their country of residence.
- One colored passport-size picture taken in a studio with a plain white or off-white background.
- Copies of their flight itinerary and reservation.
Do I need a work visa to work in Chile?
Who Needs a to Apply for a Chile Work Visa? Every foreign national who intends to work in Chile needs a Chile work visa, regardless of their nationality. Certain foreign nationals do not need a Chile visa if they intend to travel for tourism or other short-term purposes (up to 90 days).
What countries can Brazilian passport holders go without a visa?
Visa free countries
- Europe. Albania. Stay: 90 days. Andorra. Stay: N/A. …
- Americas. Antigua and Barbuda. Stay: 6 months. Argentina. Stay: 90 days. …
- Asia. Armenia. Stay: 180 days. Georgia. Indonesia. …
- Africa. Botswana. Stay: 90 days. Cape Verde. Stay: 30 days. …
- Oceania. Fiji. Micronesia. Stay: 30 days. Vanuatu.
Is it easy to get job in Chile?
Applying from with Chile
Once in Chile, it´ll be a lot easier to get a job. Yet, it still won´t be easy. Most Chilean employers won´t consider your application until you have a temporary work permit, and won´t be interested in helping you get one.
What jobs are needed in Chile?
These industries include occupations such as doctors and other health care professionals; teachers and other government employees; clerks in shops, banks, and insurance companies; and restaurant and hotel workers. Tourism is of growing importance.
How much is rent in Chile?
Rent is about 65% lower in Chile than in the United States. The national average for a one-bedroom apartment in a city is about $388 per month and about $330 per month for an apartment in the suburbs.
How can I get PR in Chile?
To be eligible for permanent residency, you must meet one of the following three conditions:
- You have held a “subject to contract” work visa for 2 years.
- You have held a temporary resident visa for 1 year.
- You have held a student visa for 2 years and have completed your professional or secondary studies.
Who can work in Chile?
Work visas are granted to foreigners who have been hired by a company with residency in Chile. It has a maximum validity of two years. The fee is the same, no matter how long you are hired for.
How can I get a job in Chile?
To work in Chile, you must apply for a subject-to-contract work visa or a temporary residency visa. The subject-to-contract visa permits you to work in the country for up to 2 years with a specific employer with whom you have a contract. It can be renewed after two years and includes all your dependents.
Is Chile a good country to live in?
Chile is one of the safest, most politically stable countries in South America, with a well-established middle-class, good medical facilities and a well-developed infrastructure.