There are only two types of work permits in Suriname — the Foreign Nationals Work Permit and the Gold Sector Foreign Nationals Work Permit. The latter applies only to workers employed in the gold mining industry, while the former applies to all other international employees.
How can I get work permit in Suriname?
The application for a work permit is submitted at the Ministry of ATM (Labor, Technological Development and Environment, Department Work Permit Foreigners. The application is done by submitting a completed and signed work permit application form and other documents.
How can I move to Suriname?
Residents of most countries need a visa to enter Suriname.
Visas for Suriname
- a passport, valid for at least six months,
- a recent passport photo, and.
- a letter from the employer for expats planning on working in Suriname.
Can I live in Suriname?
Suriname enjoys a relatively high standard of living, with quite modern and reliable facilities and services. Most of the population resides in the developed north of the country and Suriname has a diverse, vibrating culture.
How do I become a citizen of Suriname?
Surinamese may acquire nationality through birth or naturalization.
- Persons who have previously lost Surinamese nationality;
- Foreigners who have established a five-year domicile in Suriname; or.
- Persons who were born to parents who were stateless or had unknown nationality.
How can I get Suriname visa from Nigeria?
Documents Required by Nigerian Citizen for Suriname Visa
- Valid Nigerian passport of at least 6 months from the date of arrival and have at least 1 page available for the Immigration stamp.
- Passport cover and bio page.
- The formal list of your itinerary.
- Confirmed flight tickets (in case of single entry)
What is the crime rate in Suriname?
Suriname crime rate & statistics for 2017 was 5.43, a 25.13% decline from 2016. Suriname crime rate & statistics for 2016 was 7.26, a 19.36% increase from 2015. Suriname crime rate & statistics for 2015 was 6.08, a 5.14% increase from 2014. Suriname crime rate & statistics for 2014 was 5.78, a 9.15% increase from 2013.
How can I get permanent residency in Suriname?
According to an official at the Consulate of Suriname to Canada and an official at the Canadian Consultate to Suriname, in order to obtain permanent resident status in Suriname, a person must first obtain a tourist visa and then obtain resident status (Canada 30 May 2007; Suriname 18 June 2007).
How much is Suriname visa fee?
|Transit Visa||Single Entry||USD 15|
|Tourist Visa||Multiple Entry||USD 60|
|Tourist Visa||Multiple Entry||USD 210|
|Tourist Visa||Multiple Entry (Surinamese Origin Applicants)||USD 200|
Is it expensive to live in Suriname?
Suriname’s cost of living is 70 percent cheaper than in the United States. People in Suriname pay 3.3 percent less for groceries, 58.6 percent less for entertainment and sports, and 82.7 percent less for housing.