The flag features a triband in blue and white. The blue and white colors of the flag were selected by Manual Belgrano, who led the revolution against Spain. These colors are meant to symbolize the blue sky opening up to reveal white cloud.
What does the blue on the Argentina flag mean?
The flag of Argentina consists of three horizontal lanes. The upper and lower strips are blue and the middle strip is white. The white strip contains the national emblem called the May Sun. The blue color in the flag represents the sky, while the white color represents the clouds in the sky.
Who is a famous person in Argentina?
1. Eva Peron (1919 – 1952) Maria Eva Duarte de Peron was an icon in Argentina well before the film Evita catapulted her into the mainstream international spotlight. The life story of one of Argentina’s most popular First Lady has captured the imagination of the world.
What do Argentina flag colors mean?
The flag features a triband in blue and white. The blue and white colors of the flag were selected by Manual Belgrano, who led the revolution against Spain. These colors are meant to symbolize the blue sky opening up to reveal white cloud. This was said to have occurred during the Liberation demonstration in 1810.
What is the most interesting thing about Argentina?
21 Amazing Facts About Argentina
- Argentina produced the world’s first animated feature film in 1917. …
- Yerba Mate is the most popular drink in Argentina. …
- Argentina is home to both the highest and lowest points of the Southern Hemisphere. …
- The capital of Argentina Buenos Aires translates to the ‘good airs’ or ‘fair winds’
Which country has a sun on its flag with blue stripes?
Flag of Uruguay
|Name||The National Pavilion (Official)|
|Use||National flag and ensign|
|Adopted||July 11, 1830|
|Design||Four horizontal stripes of blue with the upper hoist-side corner bearing the Sun of May in the center over a white canvas.|