The most widely spoken variants are Andean Spanish, spoken in the highlands, and Equatorial Coastal Spanish, spoken from the northern border with Colombia and the southern border with Peru. These regions are the most heavily populated in the country.
What are the main 2 languages?
Which Languages Have the Most Speakers?
|2||Mandarin Chinese||1,117 million|
What is Ecuador’s Amerindian languages?
Two percent of the population speak only Amerindian languages. Language[ edit ] Most Ecuadorians speak Spanish,  though many speak Amerindian languages such as Kichwa. Though most features of Ecuadorian Spanish are those universal to the Spanish-speaking world, there are several idiosyncrasies.
Is Ecuador a poor country?
Ecuador is a middle-income country with an economy highly dependent on oil and export agriculture. Almost one quarter of the population in Ecuador lives in poverty, most of them in rural areas. The rural poverty rate, at 43 per cent in 2018 , is almost triple the urban rate (15,9).
Is Ecuador safe to travel to?
The short answer is YES, Ecuador is safe, as long as you take proper care. Ecuador is as safe as most other developing countries, and cities like Quito to be as safe as most major cities in the world, but with the general proviso that you should always travel with care and common sense, and be streetwise.
What is the hardest language to learn?
8 Hardest Languages to Learn In The World For English Speakers
- Mandarin. Number of native speakers: 1.2 billion. …
- Icelandic. Number of native speakers: 330,000. …
- Japanese. Number of native speakers: 122 million. …
- Hungarian. Number of native speakers: 13 million. …
- Korean. Number of native speakers: 66.3 million. …
- Arabic. …
- Finnish. …
What is the most popular language?
The most spoken languages in the world
- English (1.132 million speakers)
- Mandarin (1.117 million speakers)
- Spanish (534 million speakers)
- French (280 million speakers)
- Arabic (274 million speakers)
- Russian (258 million speakers)
- Portuguese (234 million speakers)