Brazil, officially Federative Republic of Brazil, Portuguese República Federativa do Brasil, country of South America that occupies half the continent’s landmass.
Is Brazil a city or state?
Its capital is Brasília, and its most populous city is São Paulo. The federation is composed of the union of the 26 states and the Federal District.
|Federative Republic of Brazil República Federativa do Brasil (Portuguese)|
|Official language and national language||Portuguese|
What region is Brazil under?
Brazil is the largest country in South America and the fifth largest nation in the world. It forms an enormous triangle on the eastern side of the continent with a 4,500-mile (7,400-kilometer) coastline along the Atlantic Ocean. It has borders with every South American country except Chile and Ecuador.
Is Brazil part of USA?
The United States became the first country to recognize the independence of Brazil, and Brazil was the only South American nation to send troops to fight alongside the Allies in World War II.
Brazil–United States relations.
|Embassy of Brazil, Washington, D.C.||Embassy of the United States, Brasília|
What are 5 interesting facts about Brazil?
Brazil number ones
- São Paulo is the largest city in the southern hemisphere.
- Brazil has more animal and plant species than any other country in the world.
- Brazil has been the largest producer of coffee for the last 150 years.
- Portuguese is the official language in Brazil.
- Brazil was a Portuguese colony for 322 years.