Uruguay’s national flag features nine horizontal stripes that alternate between white and blue. … The Sun of May is a national emblem for Uruguay. It is also the national emblem of the nation of Argentina. This sun symbolizes the Incan sun god Inti, who was worshipped by the Inca Empire.
What country has a sun on their flag?
The rising sun flag has been used as a traditional national symbol of Japan for centuries, and appears in advertisements and on commercial products.
Who is a famous person in Argentina?
1. Eva Peron (1919 – 1952) Maria Eva Duarte de Peron was an icon in Argentina well before the film Evita catapulted her into the mainstream international spotlight. The life story of one of Argentina’s most popular First Lady has captured the imagination of the world.
What are 3 interesting facts about Argentina?
21 Amazing Facts About Argentina
- Argentina produced the world’s first animated feature film in 1917. …
- Yerba Mate is the most popular drink in Argentina. …
- Argentina is home to both the highest and lowest points of the Southern Hemisphere. …
- The capital of Argentina Buenos Aires translates to the ‘good airs’ or ‘fair winds’
Which country has a sun with blue stripes?
Flag of Uruguay
|Name||The National Pavilion (Official)|
|Use||National flag and ensign|
|Adopted||July 11, 1830|
|Design||Four horizontal stripes of blue with the upper hoist-side corner bearing the Sun of May in the center over a white canvas.|