Your passport or ID card will be ready in about 3 weeks. You may be asked to provide additional documents to help us assess your application. In that case, the decision period will be extended.
How can I get a Guyana ID card?
Applying for a passport or an identity card
- The application must be submitted at the embassy in person.
- Make sure that your details are up to date in the population information system. …
- You have to pay the fee for a passport or an identity card when you submit the application.
How long does it take to get a passport in Guyana?
Completed applications are sent to Georgetown for further processing which takes approximately four (4) to six (6) weeks. Replacing lost and damaged passports takes 2-3 months. On completion, the passports are forwarded to the Consulate for delivery to applicants.
How do I get a new birth certificate in Guyana?
Applications for Birth/Marriage/Death Certificates are available at the Guyana High Commission in New Delhi, India. It is recommended that the completed application form be sent to a relative or friend who can submit it to the Registrar General’s Office and collect the certificate in a few weeks. The fee is Guy$30.00.
What do I need to get a national ID card?
Walk into the nearest NIMC Enrolment Centre with your BVN if you have one and any of the following required Original and Valid supporting documents:
- Old National ID Card.
- Driver’s License.
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport.
- Certificate of Origin.
Can you drink the water in Guyana?
The water from the tap in Guyana is brownish in color, due to the tannin in the water. The water is not polluted, but the tap water is generally not safe to drink. Bottled water is readily available for purchase at tourist sites, hotels, and restaurants.
Which country can Guyanese go without a visa?
|Country||Visa requirement||Allowed stay|
|Dominica||Visa not required||6 months|
|Dominican Republic||Visa not required|
|Ecuador||Visa not required||90 days|
What do I need to get a passport in Guyana?
- Complete Passport Application Form. …
- Form DS-64 (if applicable) …
- Crime Report (if applicable) …
- Evidence of Your Emergency. …
- Evidence of the Applicant’s U.S. Citizenship. …
- Evidence of the Applicant’s Identity. …
- One Passport-Sized Photo. …
- Copies of Original Documents.
How long can US citizen stay in Guyana?
US citizens must have a passport that is valid for six months beyond the period of intended stay in Guyana. No visa is required for touristic stays of up to three months. Passengers with confirmation of a pre-arranged business, employment, or student visa can pay for and obtain a visa on arrival.
Where can I travel with a Guyana passport?
Countries for which Guyanese Do Not Require Visas for Entry
- Antigua & Barbuda.
- Argentina for 90 days.
- Aruba for 90 days.
- Bangladesh for 30 days for holders of Diplomatic/Official Passports.
Do Guyanese need a visa to go to America?
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) enables nationals of certain countries (not including Guyana) to travel to the United States for tourism or business [visitor (B) visa purposes] for stays of 90 days or less without obtaining a visa.