Between 1930 and 1976, the armed forces overthrew six governments in Argentina; and the country alternated periods of democracy (1912–1930, 1946–1955, and 1973–1976) with periods of restricted democracy and military rule. Following a transition that began in 1983, full-scale democracy in Argentina was reestablished.
How did Argentina became a republic?
With the declaration of independence on July 9, 1816, and the military defeat of the Spanish Empire in 1824, a federal state was formed in 1853–1861, known today as the Argentine Republic.
What is the origin of democracy?
The word ‘democracy’ has its origins in the Greek language. It combines two shorter words: ‘demos’ meaning whole citizen living within a particular city-state and ‘kratos’ meaning power or rule. … A belief in shared power: based on a suspicion of concentrated power (whether by individuals, groups or governments).
Is Argentina a 1st world country?
Today, CIA The World Factbook has a list of developed countries that are considered to be known as First World, high-income countries.
First World Countries 2021.
|Country||Human Development Index||2021 Population|
What are 3 interesting facts about Argentina?
21 Amazing Facts About Argentina
- Argentina produced the world’s first animated feature film in 1917. …
- Yerba Mate is the most popular drink in Argentina. …
- Argentina is home to both the highest and lowest points of the Southern Hemisphere. …
- The capital of Argentina Buenos Aires translates to the ‘good airs’ or ‘fair winds’
What is the most important holiday in Argentina?
25 de Mayo: National Day
This is one of the most important holidays in Argentina. It is celebrated as Argentina’s independence day but is actually celebrating a series of events that lead up to the May Revolution and ultimately Argentina’s independence from Spain.
Who is a famous person in Argentina?
1. Eva Peron (1919 – 1952) Maria Eva Duarte de Peron was an icon in Argentina well before the film Evita catapulted her into the mainstream international spotlight. The life story of one of Argentina’s most popular First Lady has captured the imagination of the world.
Who is founder of democracy?
Under Cleisthenes, what is generally held as the first example of a type of democracy in 508–507 BC was established in Athens. Cleisthenes is referred to as “the father of Athenian democracy”.
What are the 2 main types of democracy?
Democracies fall into two basic categories, direct and representative. In a direct democracy, citizens, without the intermediary of elected or appointed officials, can participate in making public decisions.