What are 5 interesting facts about Brazil?
Brazil number ones
- São Paulo is the largest city in the southern hemisphere.
- Brazil has more animal and plant species than any other country in the world.
- Brazil has been the largest producer of coffee for the last 150 years.
- Portuguese is the official language in Brazil.
- Brazil was a Portuguese colony for 322 years.
Is Brazil safe to visit?
In general, Brazil is relatively safe for visitors and tourists. The scenarios that involve tourists usually involve non-violent pick-pocketing or muggings, but in most cases, tourists usually do not encounter these issues.
Is Brazil expensive?
Brazil, the largest country in South America, is also one of the most expensive in the region. … Although this is one of the most expensive countries in South America, there are some ways you can cut down on costs. Probably the most important decision is what season you travel in.
What are bad things about Brazil?
Brazil has serious problems with crime. With roughly 23.8 homicides per 100,000 residents, muggings, robberies, kidnappings and gang violence are common. Police brutality and corruption are widespread.