|Lima and Callao*||8,472,935||Lima and Province of Callao|
What is the major cities of Peru?
What are the 5 most important cities in Peru?
The population figures are from 2015.
- Lima. Population: 9.9 million. Region: Lima and Constitutional Province of Callao. …
- Arequipa. Population: 869,400. …
- Trujillo. Population: 799,600. …
- Chiclayo. Population: 600,400. …
- Piura. Population – 436,400. …
- Iquitos. Population – 437,400. …
- Cusco. Population – 427,200. …
- Chimbote. Population – 371,000.
How many major cities does Peru have?
Peru has 1 cities with more than a million people, 21 cities with between 100,000 and 1 million people, and 121 cities with between 10,000 and 100,000 people. The largest city in Peru is Lima, with a population of 7,737,002 people.
Where is the best place to live in Peru?
Where to Live in Peru
- Lima and the surrounding capital district are home to most expats in the country. …
- Cusco and the Sacred Valley of the Incas is another popular area of the country. …
- Trujillo and points further north beckon surfers and beach lovers.