Colombia has an enviable calendar of 18 public holidays per year. Twelve of these are religious based celebrations, such as Easter, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and Christmas Day. The rest are civic holidays, like Independence Day (July 20), the Battle of Boyacá (August 7), and Labor Day (May 1).
What is the famous festival in Colombia?
1. Barranquilla Carnival. The Carnival of Barranquilla is not only the second-largest carnival celebration in the world after the one in Rio de Janeiro. It is also the most prominent public and street celebration in Colombia.
What food is Colombia famous for?
TYPICAL COLOMBIAN DISHES
- Bandeja Paisa – The bandeja paisa is Colombia’s unofficial national dish. …
- Empanadas – Empanadas are the perfect treat to eat on the go! …
- Sancocho – This traditional Colombian stew often includes chicken, pork or beef. …
- Fritanga – Fritanga is a wonderful mix of fried offal.
Where do kids in Colombia find their presents?
Children receive their presents from el niño Dios (God Child), not Santa Claus or Father Christmas, at midnight and oftentimes families will sit down for their Christmas dinner around 11 pm or midnight as well.